Saturday, June 21, 2008

Understanding Deep Zoom - Part 6

My previous post was on the code that is generated by the Deep Zoom Composer. I finally downloaded the new upgraded version of Deep Zoom Composer from here. The upgraded version has XML support. It allows the tagging of images. One can also select the images and right click the selection to "Arrange into a Grid".









The SparseImageTool.exe now generates dzc_output.xml file instead of items.bin file. The other output files that are generated are
dzc_output_file
dzc_output_images
Metadata.xml

Metadata.xml has the metadata information about all the images. These include the x,y position and height, width of the images. The earlier versions of the Deep Zoom Composer flattened the images on the artboard as a JPEG image. The upgraded version allows flattening the images in PNG format as well.

Check out the Expression Team Blog for more detailed information on What's new in the upgraded version of Deep Zoom Composer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi all,

I am working for a software integrator company. My projects includes working on Java and Ruby on Rails and Ajax. I think Web Services is really cool. We also recently have to now work on REST and they are talking about mashups and Struts. Can anyone tell me if there are some good training or conferences so that me and my team members can get to speed with these technologies. Learning from books is not my cup of tea, even not when I was doing engineering ;)

All the help that group members can provide in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Vaibhaivi